Saturday, November 22, 2014

Lemony Sniglet: A Series of Unfortunate Nigger Jokes

Quoting:

Author Daniel Handler, best known for his A Series of Unfortunate Events penname Lemony Snicket, has come under fire this week for a racist joke he made while hosting the National Book Awards on Wednesday.

After African-American author Jacqueline Woodson was honored with the National Book Award for young people's literature for her book Brown Girl Dreaming, Handler took to the stage and made some racially charged comments about Woodson.

"I told Jackie she was going to win, and I said that if she won, I would tell all of you something I learned about her this summer, which is that Jackie Woodson is allergic to watermelon. Just let that sink in your mind," Handler said to the audience.

"I said, 'You have to put that in a book,' and she said, 'You put it in a book,'" he added. "And I said, 'I'm only writing a book about a black girl who's allergic to watermelon if I get a blurb from you, Cornel West, Toni Morrison and Barack Obama, saying "This guy's OK. This guy's fine."'"


Oh, Lemony Sniglet, you should have gotten the blurb before you started that joke as well. All the Negro
permission slips in the world can't help you now. Handler has already apologized for his joke, but there is still something interesting to note - Handler is a mischling:

His father was a Jewish refugee from Germany, and he is distantly related to British writer Hugh Walpole through his mother.

Doubting Adolfs: Why, A-drey-drey, naming the Jew today are you?

Yes, when the mood takes me, I can be quite the Jew-Namer. However, there is an important reason to do so: we cannot allow Jews to be White when the make a mistake, and Jews to be Jews when they win an award or achieve some other honor. As with Donald Sterling, it must be pointed out that a Jew is a Jew is a Jew. And here's a big fat one who just made a nigger with a watermelon joke:


Today's Unrectified Reports

No comments:

Post a Comment