Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Chillun is are Future

Quoting:

In the “you can’t make this up” file, Paul Robeson High School in Chicago just had its prom and its theme was “This Is Are Story.” Sadly, this isn’t a joke or a bit of intentional irony on the part of the students. [...] The taxpayers pay these teachers $76,000 a year and the school’s administration can’t even distinguish between “are” and “our” on printed cards they hand out on prom night?

On a side note, the first Black History Monf report I was ever forced to write was about Paul Robeson. I remember nothing about the sub-ape, but I do remember blowing the first line when I read the report to my class. I had never heard his name spoken, so I pronounced it Paul Rob-is-son, instead of the correct pronunciation which is Oooga Boo-gee-son. Just kidding, it's Robe-is-son. The white, female teacher smirked when I said it and corrected me. Clearly, that incident turned me into the racist monster I are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment