Saturday, May 03, 2014

Shavin' your shwarma

Sometimes, this world is simply exhausting. As soon as you have become desensitized to one level of assault on your sensibilities, the next assault has begun. It is a consequence of the consumer culture. We learn to tune out their sales pitches, so they must find a way to startle us back into paying attention. For me, the startle occurred when I saw a Philips Norelco commercial with a hairy man shaving himself while pronouncing various declarations of self-satisfaction, culminating in - "I'd bleep me!" To which I turned toward the television, raised an eyebrow, and thought "Did that little faggot just say he'd fuck himself? What is this, Silence of the Lambs?" Please see the videos below for comparison, and ask yourself how it came to this.



No comments:

Post a Comment