Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Anne Frank's Lost Marbles

Curious story today from the Anne Frank House Museum in Amsterdam - it seems Anne Frank's lost marbles have been recovered and will soon go on display in her shrine. Quoting this story:

Kupers told Dutch national broadcaster NOS that she didn't consider the marbles that special. She said shortly before the Frank family left the square they both lived on, Anne approached her for a favor. "I'm worried about my marbles, because I'm scared they might fall into the wrong hands," Kupers said Anne told her. "Could you keep them for me for a little while?"

This left me wondering, why would she be scared they might fall into the wrong hands? Like Heinrich Himmler was killing Jews as part of living out an evil childhood fantasy to have the largest marbles collection in Europe? So... I made the following post, which mockingly suggested why Anne was so worried about her marbles. Within moments, someone took the bait. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are the master of unintentional trolling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I think I have found myself a new hobby!

    ReplyDelete