Friday, May 27, 2011

Racism by any other Name

House Assistant Democratic Leader Jim Clyburn (otherwise known as Nancy's House Slave) has strongly denounced an article he says mischaracterized his opinion on Obama's racial difficulties; see: Racism to blame for Obama's problems.

Cylburn was quoted in that article as saying:

"You know, I'm 70 years old, and I can tell you; people don't like to deal with it, but the fact of the matter is, the president's problems are in large measure because of his skin color."

"When he sees his face being put on a chimpanzee's body; do you think he didn't see that?"

Clyburn's letter in response to the article contained the following:

"Those who know me, know this to be true - I have always abhorred the word 'racism.' I never use it. I believe it is a lethal term, and I am offended that my honest responses to a reporter's clearly designed agenda would be distorted in such a manner."

So Clyburn wants everyone to know ... Obama's problems are based on skin color and chimpanzee photoshopping, but not racism! All I can say is thank goodness Clyburn does not use the word racism. Therefore, he will not say the following is an example of such.

No comments:

Post a Comment